About Concept Testing
Concept testing is used to evaluate consumer response generally to an advertising or product idea. Testing can be either qualitative or quantitative or both. Often conducting a concept test is a natural next step to follow a Brand Audit, a repositioning, or a focus group.
Concept testing can provide the guidance necessary to identify and communicate:
- key benefits,
- sales approaches,
- distribution. and
The process for concept testing involves the following steps:
- Define the purpose of the concept test
- Choose a focus group or survey population
- Choose a focus group or survey format
- Communicate the concept(s)
- Measure response among consumers
- Analyze and interpret results
- Determine next steps and report findings
To view an example concept presented for testing, download below.